Tuesday 3 May 2016

RAW AFRICAN BLACK SOAP REVIEW



Raw African black soap is that kind of locally made product that has been given a lot of yays around the globe but I am not the type that proudly supports the crowd about any natural product without first giving it a try.

Praises
It has been praised to be effective in skin exfoliation, deep cleansing,  even skin toning, fading discololorations, healing skin problems like eczema and psoriasis and skin fungal infections.



To begin my trial session, I chose to make my raw african black soap (Ghana soap)  into a body wash instead of using it directly in a solid form  and started using it 3-4 days in the first two weeks.



 During the period, I observed the effects on my skin and  then ended up using it every day. Moisturising with oils or oil based lotion is a must within 5minutes after wash to prevent skin dryness.


Positives
 I noticed a gradual even skin toning. Hehehe, I didn't say skin bleaching. It evened the skin areas that usually suffers from sun exposure, reducing the  hyperpigmentation. So, its a skin repair product. I find it to be very ideal for us living in the tropics where the sun is not always kind.

I also attest to its deep cleansing action. Does not really need extra help by exfoliating scrubs. Only the hands and the soap with cool water will do, for a clean feel.

It was also fast in clearing some cluster of skin 'wahala' that popped up somewhere around my mid-chest.

Negatives
But it was not all positive. My face rejected it. In the first few days of use, it was so drying that I couldnt stand the burning pain in some parts of my face like under my nose and the tightening effect as if my face was been stretched. So I  tried using it twice a week. My face felt no better. I tend to attribute this effect , not just to the harsh stripping off of the oils on the face but the pH effect. Raw african black soap alkalinity level was not suitable for my face. It struggled to balance the pH to normal which manifested in discomfort, breakout and acne.

Also bathing with the soap and warm water can leave the skin extremely dry. So cool water is better.

It also stinks and burns on bruise or any opening on skin. Its temporary, though.


Finally, I would say, incorporating the raw african black soap in my skin care regimen was worth it. Yeah, am stuck now. My homemade black soap body wash will always be standing right there in my bathroom.

You can also give it a try. Find out how it works best for you. You can gradually increase or decrease  the frequency at which you use it depending on your skin's response. Find a balance and always make sure to moisturize with oil after use.

Who knows, It could become your BEST!

Note
The original Raw African black soap has an natural earthy scent. No fragrance or perfume. It not hard and jet black. Its loose and crumbly and it looks like 'faeces'. Oh! Am sorry I just said that, but that's how it looks to me. Beware of fakes.

To buy original raw African black soap, click here



What are your views about African black soap? We will love to know. Share with us in the comment box below.


Related post
RAW AFRICAN BLACK SOAP


1 comments:

African black soap can be really effective if you make sure it works on your skin. I ordered some oils online as I have troubled skin. I'll use it as a part of treatment.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More