Saturday 13 August 2016

DIY skin care ingredients/recipes for a girl on budget.



Hope everyone is fine? I care to ask because you and I know that this present economy is not smiling. So babes are cutting their coat according to their material. Lols. Lets get to business.

It has not been easy to access my dreamed magnifique natural ingredients like the rose hip oil and co, around me here in Port harcourt unless I have to purchase and get them delivered to me from Lagos. And who is ready to pay for the extra charges? I am among the least. Smh!

For the meantime, I had to make the best use of what I can lay my hands on to keep up with my skin care routine. This recipes have been effective and economical.

Recipes on a budget.

Honey + Oatmeal + Lemon juice
This recipe is simply everything. The oatmeal ( I mean Quaker oats) acts as a mild exfoliate. The honey is an excellent moisturizer, soothing and healing. The lemon juice is antiseptic, clearing the pores and lightening dark spots. After scrubbing face for 5 minutes, I leave it on for about 30 minutes before washing off. This scrub leave my face soft, hydrated and clear of acne till the next 2-3 days. My girlfriend can always tell whenever I do a scrub the night before.

Honey + Oatmeal + water
Each time I run out of lemon juice, I find myself using this recipe, substituting the lemon juice with water. They say, ‘half a loaf is better than nothing'. Exfoliation is not an option. It is a must for good skin.

Honey + Lemon juice
For a quickie, I cut out a lemon. Place a few drops of honey on half and scrub face gently in circles. The pulp mildly sloughs off the dead skin cells, exposing fresher smooth skin.

Honey + Turmeric
This recipe is more of a mask recipe and less of a scrub. It nourishes and heals the skin, smoothens it to a glow and gives it that plump look.

These are tried and true DIY recipes for a girl with oily, sensitive, acne prone skin.

What are your tried and true recipes on budget?

You may also like
DIY homemade body wash - 100% natural
Onions juice for healthy and fast healthy growth
How to properly take care of your hair under protective styles.

2 comments:

Nice. I've tried the oatmeal, lemon and honey before...works great to reveal a fresh smoother skin.

Great! Natural recipes for skin care hardly goes wrong as long as you find the right type and mixture for your skin type.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More