Wednesday 15 June 2016

PRODUCT REVIEW - NATUR VITAL HENNA SHAMPOO BLACK HIGHLIGHTS



Today, I choose to make a review about this product, Natur Vital henna shampoo , l  used during my relaxed hair years. You remember, I wrote a post about my damaged hair and what I did to save it. It was during that period, I quit using the 'mass produced' conventional shampoos that's common in most salons here. Then, I picked Natur Vital which served me about 2 years. I wanted something close to nature and as the name goes, I fell for it.

Natur Vital Henna Shampoo promises to
*Protect and brighten hair ccolour.
*Make hair shiny.
*Make hair healthy and soft

How it looks

Front

Back


Note: Opinions expressed are mine and my conclusions were made after extensive read.

Natural ingredients that make my eyes pop
*Henna extract
*Sunflower extract
The natural action of this two natural ingredients are written on the product label as you can see above.

Henna 'Lawsonia inermis' : It is a natural coloring agent obtained from crushed Henna leaves. Henna extract makes your hair shiny and strong and gives it lots of body. It also brightens natural and dyed hair colour.

Sunflower 'Helianthus annus L' : The extract from sunflower seeds is rich in polyphenols and protects the colour of natural and dyed hair from the aggression of ultraviolet rays and free radicals. Its action is increased by a UVA + UVB sun filter to protect yoir hair and prolong its colour.


Ingredients that are just okay
Sodium chloride, Glycol Distearate, Sodium PCA, Polyquaternium 10, Citric acid, PEG-55 propylene glycol oleate, Disodium ADTA and All the Cl.(Colors)


Ingredients that are a bit of concern
Sodium laureth sulfate - Most naturalistas opt for sulfate free shampoos because it can strip off all the oils from hair leaving it very dry and brittle. Others do not mind using shampoos with sulphates as long as their hair is rinse well and deep conditioned after shampoo to replenish and strengthen the hair.

Cocamide DEA - helps shampoo lather and foam like sulfates do too. It can leave the hair dry and studies show that it carcinogenic when combined with some preservatives.

Benzophene-4 -it protects products against photo degradation. There is fair amount of scientific evidence points to adverse effects with use and considered unsuitable for children under 2years who do not have developed enzymes for the breakdown of it.


The No - No ingredients
All the parabens - Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben,  Methyl paraben. The parabens serves as preservatives but there are claims  that the parabens are carcenogenic and cause endocrine disruption, development and reproductive toxicity.
Phenoxyethanol - is an chemical alternative to parabens. FDA warns that it can be toxic with effects on brain and central nervous system even at moderate concentrations.

Pros
*It does restore damaged hair to healthy shiny look after several use, coupled with good hair care practice.
As you can see from the picture below it did restore my hair color from a former dark yellowish weak hair texture to dark shinier look and remained so even after i stopped using it for years.

*It is mild on hair.
*It is suitable for use on permanently dyed hair.
*Its not that pricey (At least, I could afford it as a student)

Cons
*It might stain a brightly colored cloth but it comes off easily when washed.
*Oh! The parabens. There should be a better substitute for it.

Will I like to use it again?
I would have said I wouldn't mind to use it, if I feel the need. But, I just found online that Natur Vital has a line of paraben-free hair products in abroad. So I am on a look out for it here.

Rating
4/5


What was it like using the Natur Vital henna shampoo?



You might also like
*The worries and fears of going on a natural hair journey
*Onions - For healthy and fast hair growth
*DIY - Hair masks that came to my rescue
*Raw African Black Soap Review







1 comments:

You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. Scalp Pimples Treatment

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More