Saturday 27 February 2016

Beauty DIY- How to Use Coconut Oil on Face

  
  Owing to the great benefits of coconut oil to the health, skin, and hair, many people are getting initiated into the coconut oil beauty world. Coconut oil's versatility, affordability, naturalness, chemically-free nature continues to endear it to us.



   Nevertheless, some are hesitant to use this product. Possibly, because they are sensitive/allergic to it or the results are not encouraging. This happens in the case of  people with oily acne prone skin. They are concerned about using oil on an already oily face. No need to worry.

   Most times it is about how you use it. I will like to share with you how I use it on my oily face and it works.


Procedure

Get a Cotton wool.

Drop a sizeable amount on the cotton wool (like a teaspoon).

Gently clean up your face in a circular motion, starting with the cheeks, forehead down the nose and sides and then the chin.

Repeat the process with another cotton wool and coconut oil until the cotton wool comes off clean and/or you feel you've had a good clean.

Take another cotton wool and wipe off excesses  leaving a thin layer of oil on the face.

Wait for about 10minutes to let the coconut oil to sink into pores to fight off the bacteria and prevent acne from developing.

Then wash off face with natural mild soap or warm water and pat dry. This step is important especially for acne-prone skin because if the coconut oil is left that way on the face, it can clog pores, thereby creating acne and encouraging blackhead formation.

My experience

   My skin is terribly oily and also sensitive. I had acne, pimples and sometimes dry flaky skin around my chin and mouth. Then I discovered coconut oil. At first, i had breakout and felt it was not working. I continued using it though, for other things like for my hair. The more I read about how good coconut oil is for the skin, i felt compelled to start using it for my face again,  tried different methods and then i ended up with this.

   I have been been doing this coconut oil beauty cleansing routine almost every night for more than a year now. It took the place of cleanser and makeup remover. I hardly get breakouts now. There has been great improvement on my oily acne-prone face. Lesser worries!


Are you a coconut oil beauty? How do you use it in your beauty routine?

You might also like
#Am a Coconut oil beauty - I'd rather use coconut oil to replace this 15 others!
#Beauty DIY - How to get rid of your acne.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More